To Netpreneur Exchange HomeTo Netpreneur Exchange Home

Help for AD-MARKETING Archives

AD-MARKETING Archives

AD-MARKETING Archives

AD-MARKETING@LISTSERV.MORINO.ORG

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

AD-MARKETING Home

AD-MARKETING Home

AD-MARKETING  November 1998

AD-MARKETING November 1998

Re: disintermediation

Debbie Weil <[log in to unmask]>

Debbie Weil <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:14:46 -0500

text/plain

Had a relatively positive experience with Autobytel and the Honda dealership
in Bethesda a few months ago. Searched through the Autobytel site, entered
our car request (black Honda CRV) & contact info.  Was called back within 48
hours by an Autobytel rep who directed me to a specific salesman at the
Honda dealership closest to us.

Honda's designated Autobytel salesman (i.e. he works for Honda but only
deals with Internet referred customers) was accommodating & pleasant.
However, the one thing on which he would not - in fact, said he COULD not -
budge was the Autobytel price for the car. In other words, he would not
negotiate. (It was a reasonable but not stunning discount from the sticker
price.)

This is an interesting example of the "less hassle factor" driving a sale.
My husband hates to negotiate and was perfectly satisfied with the process.
The "less hassle factor" motivates a lot of consumer e-commerce. Here it
originated on the Web and carried through to the final handshake in the
showroom.

Debbie

Debbie Weil, Content & Marketing Solutions
Wordbiz.Com  http://www.wordbiz.com